A randomised, controlled, parallel, open-labelled, multinational, trial comparing the efficacy and safety of step-wise addition of insulin aspart (NovoRapid) according to the largest meals (Basic Basal Plus regimen) or the largest prandial increments (Advanced Basal Plus regimen) in combination with once daily insulin detemir (Levemir) and OAD treatment, in subjects with type 2 diabetes.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 16 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Insulin aspart (Primary) ; Insulin detemir (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms STEPwise
- Sponsors Novo Nordisk
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Jun 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 358 to 512 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 28 Jun 2012 Additional trial location (France) added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History