A study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the combination of aliskiren/ramipril/amlodipine (300/10/10 mg) compared to the combinations of ramipril/amlodipine (10/10 mg) and aliskiren/amlodipine (300/10 mg) in patients with essential hypertension and metabolic syndrome not adequately responsive to amlodipine 10 mg
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 12 Dec 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Ramipril (Primary) ; Amlodipine
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ALTO
- Sponsors Novartis
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 12 Apr 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 178 to 846 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 12 Apr 2012 Status changed from discontinued to completed as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.