A Phase III Randomized, Active-Comparator (Pioglitazone) Controlled Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of Sitagliptin and MK0431A (A Fixed-Dose Combination Tablet of Sitagliptin and Metformin) in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Metformin/sitagliptin (Primary) ; Sitagliptin (Primary) ; Pioglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 23 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 466 to 498 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record (EudraCT2007-002218-21).
- 29 Jan 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.