BP-EASE-A 12-Week, Multicenter, Open-Label, Randomized, Controlled Trial To Compare The Effectiveness of Losartan 50 mg/HCTZ 12.5 mg Titrated as Needed to Losartan 100 mg/HCTZ 25 mg or Valsartan 160 mg/HCTZ 25 mg, in Patients With Essential Hypertension Who Have Not Achieved Target Blood Pressure With monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 07 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Losartan/hydrochlorothiazide; Valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms BP-EASE
- Sponsors Merck & Co
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Apr 2010 Official title amended and trial acronym (BP-EASE) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 14 Apr 2010 Actual patient number changed from (500) to (808) as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.