A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel Group Study to Determine Whether, in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes at High Risk for Cardiovascular and Renal Events, Aliskiren, on Top of Conventional Treatment, Reduces Cardiovascular and Renal Morbidity and Mortality.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary)
- Indications Diabetic angiopathies; Diabetic nephropathies; Hypertension in diabetes
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ALTITUDE
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 15 Sep 2017 Results of a post-hoc analysis assessing Michigan Neuropathy Screening Instrument (MNSI) prognostic information concerning cardiovascular risks, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes
- 03 Nov 2012 Second interim analysis published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- 03 Nov 2012 Primary endpoint 'Major-adverse-cardiac-event-rate' has not been met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History