A placebo controlled, double-blind investigation of the therapeutic utility of Xolair (omalizumab) for attenuating aspirin induced bronchospasm in patients with aspirin exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD) undergoing aspirin desensitization
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 16 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Omalizumab (Primary)
- Indications Aspirin-induced asthma
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 16 May 2018 Primary endpoint (Spirometry (FEV1) testing to assess the efficacy of Xolair on aspirin induced bronchospasm during aspirin desensitization in patients with AERD) has been met, according to results published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- 16 May 2018 Results (n=16) assessing whether omalizumab administration would be associated with attenuation of aspirin provoked bronchospasm in patients with AERD undergoing aspirin desensitization, were published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated