An eight-week randomized, 4-arm, double-blind study to compare the efficacy and safety of combinations of telmisartan 40mg + amlodipine 5mg versus telmisartan 80mg + amlodipine 5mg versus amlodipine 5mg versus amlodipine 10mg monotherapy in patients with hypertension who fail to respond adequately to treatment with amlodipine 5mg monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 30 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine/telmisartan (Primary) ; Amlodipine
- Indications Essential hypertension; Hypertension
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TEAMSTA-5
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 01 Jul 2011 Results published in the Journal of Clinical Hypertension (Greenwich).
- 13 Oct 2010 A Boehringer Ingelheim media release states the EMEA has approved telmisartan/amlodipine for the treatment of hypertension in adults.
- 27 Jul 2010 European Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a Positive Opinion for the approval of TWYNSTA based on the results of this trial and TEAMSTA-10 and TEAMSTA Severe HTN, according to a Boehringer-Ingelheim media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History