EARLY: Prospective, Randomised, National, Multi-Centre, Open-Label, Blinded Endpoint Study to Compare Aggrenox b.i.d. (200 mg Dipyridamole MR + 25 mg Acetylsalicylic Acid) When Started Within 24 Hours of Stroke Onset on an Acute Stroke Unit, and Aggrenox b.i.d. When Started After a 7-Day Therapy With ASA 100 mg Once Daily Outside Off an Acute Stroke Unit, in Symptomatic Ischaemic Stroke Patients Over a Three Months Treatment Period an Exploratory Study.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 09 May 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Aspirin/dipyridamole (Primary) ; Aspirin
- Indications Embolism and thrombosis; Stroke; Transient ischaemic attacks
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EARLY
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 12 Mar 2010 Actual number of patients changed from 548 to 551 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Feb 2010 Results were published in the Lancet Neurology 9: 159-66, No.2.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History