A randomized, open-label, multicenter study to evaluate the effect of Xolair (omalizumab) as add-on therapy to inhaled corticosteroid + long-acting beta agonist in fixed or flexible dosing compared to isolated inhaled corticosteroid + long-acting beta agonist in fixed or flexible dosing in the asthma-related quality of life in patients with severe persistent allergic asthma.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 09 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Beta-adrenergic receptor agonists; Corticosteroids; Omalizumab
- Indications Allergic asthma
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 20 May 2011 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 19 Feb 2010 Patient numbers amended from 117 to 116 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 19 Feb 2010 Planned end date changed from 1 Apr 2009 to 1 Apr 2010 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.