A 52-Week International, Multi-centre, Randomized, Parallel-group, Double-blind, Active-controlled, Phase III Study With a 52-Week Extension Period to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Saxagliptin in Combination With Metformin Compared With Sulphonylurea in Combination With Metformin in Adult Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Who Have Inadequate Glycaemic Control on Metformin Therapy Alone.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Saxagliptin (Primary) ; Glipizide; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 23 Jun 2013 Tolerability results presented at the 73rd Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association.
- 14 Apr 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 838 to 2200 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History