A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of BI 1356 (One Dose, e.g. 5 mg), Administered Orally Once Daily Over 24 Weeks, With an Open Label Extension to 80 Weeks (Placebo Patients Switched to BI 1356), in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control Despite Metformin Therapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Aug 2017 Results (n=2065) of pooled analysis of this and other similar 15 studies assessing efficacy and safety based upon age, obesity, and renal function, published in the Advances in Therapy.
- 17 Sep 2013 Data will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History