A Phase III, Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, 3-Period Incomplete Block, Multidose Crossover Study to Determine the Effect on Lung Function of Indacaterol (150 and 300 micrograms o.d.) in Patients With Moderate to Severe COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease], Using Tiotropium [tiotropium bromide] (18 micrograms o.d.) as an Active Control.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 18 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Indacaterol (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 05 Nov 2009 Results presented at the 75th Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians: Chest 2009.
- 30 Jan 2009 Actual patient numbers (169) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 30 Jan 2009 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History