A Randomised Double-Blind, Active-Controlled Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of BI 1356 (5.0 mg, Administered Orally Once Daily) Compared to Glimepiride (1 to 4 mg Once Daily ) Over Two Years in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control Despite Metformin Therapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 16 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Pharmacogenomic; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 25 Jun 2013 Results from an exploratory tolerability analysis presented at the 73rd Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association.
- 18 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 1560 to 2400 as reported by EudraCT record.
- 27 Jun 2012 Results published in the Lancet (online).
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History