An 8 week extension to a randomized, double-blind, parallel group, active-controlled, multi-center, 14 week study to evaluate the effectiveness of a valsartan versus and amlodipine treatment strategy in achieving blood pressure control in patients with stage 1 or stage 2 hypertension or uncontrolled on present monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine (Primary) ; Valsartan (Primary) ; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Nov 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 10 May 2011 Status changed from completed to recruiting as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
- 10 May 2011 New source identified and integrated (European Clinical Trials Database record EudraCT2005-001258-26 ).