A Randomised Controlled Trial Comparing the Efficacy of Infant Peri-exposure Prophylaxis With Lopinavir/Ritonavir (LPV/r) Versus Lamivudine to Prevent HIV-1 Transmission by Breastfeeding.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Lopinavir/ritonavir (Primary) ; Lamivudine
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROMISE-PEP
- 07 Mar 2018 Results (n=151) assessing the mitochondrial toxicity of 3TC or LPV/r regimens after 1 year of PrEP among HIV-exposed uninfected infants, were presented at the 25th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.
- 06 Mar 2014 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 06 Mar 2014 Results presented at the 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.