A single-arm, multinational, two year study evaluating the efficacy and safety of lead-in telbivudine for 24 weeks with or without tenofovir treatment intensification in adult patients with HBeAg (hepatitis B e antigen) -positive chronic hepatitis B.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 05 May 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Telbivudine (Primary) ; Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Indications Hepatitis B
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 06 Mar 2014 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 28 Mar 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 100 to 105 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 01 Nov 2011 Planned end date changed from 1 Jul 2011 to 1 Jan 2012 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.