A Double-Blind Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of BI 1356 5 mg and 10 mg vs. Placebo for 12 Weeks and vs. Voglibose 0.6 mg for 26 Weeks in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Insufficient Glycaemic Control Followed by an Extension Study to 52 Weeks to Evaluate Long-Term Safety.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Voglibose
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 17 Aug 2017 Results (n=2065) of pooled analysis of this and other similar 15 studies assessing efficacy and safety based upon age, obesity, and renal function, published in the Advances in Therapy.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Sep 2013 A meta-analysis will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History