A phase III, multi-center, open-label, controlled, randomized study to evaluate the immunogenicity, safety, tolerability and the ability to prime for memory of Chiron meningococcal C conjugate vaccine when administered to healthy infants as one dose given at 2 or 6 months of age with a booster at 12-16 months of age, in comparison to two doses in the first year of life, given two months apart, with a booster at 12-16 months of age; and in comparison to one dose given at 12-16 months of age.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Meningococcal vaccine group C conjugate (Primary)
- Indications Meningococcal group C infections
- Focus Pharmacodynamics
- Sponsors Chiron Corporation; Novartis
- 19 Apr 2011 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed, as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 14 May 2008 New trial record.