A Randomised Double-Blind Clinical Efficacy and Safety Comparison of Tiotropium/Salmeterol 7.5/25 Mcg Inhalation Powder in the Morning Via Tiotropium/Salmeterol HandiHaler Tiotropium 18 Mcg Inhalation Powder in the Morning Via Spiriva HandiHaler Salmeterol 50 Mcg MDPI [metered dose powder inhaler] in the Morning and Evening and the Free Combination Tiotropium 18 Mcg Inhalation Powder in the Morning Via Spiriva HandiHaler Plus Salmeterol 50 Mcg MDPI in the Morning and Evening Following Chronic Administration (6-Week Treatment Periods) in Patients With COPD [Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease].
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Salmeterol; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 28 Apr 2012 Actual end date changed from 1 Jul 2009 to 26 Aug 2009 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 28 Apr 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 140 to 160 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 28 Apr 2012 New source identified and integrated (European Clinical Trials Database, EudraCT2007-005135-28).