A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, 5-Arm Titration Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of TAK-491 When Compared With Valsartan and Olmesartan in Subjects With Essential Hypertension
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 04 Aug 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Azilsartan medoxomil (Primary) ; Olmesartan medoxomil; Valsartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Takeda Global Research and Development Center
- 04 Aug 2018 Results of two post hoc analyses (first pooled analysis: n= 1610; NCT00696241 and NCT00696436; second analysis: n=1020; NCT01033071) comparing effectiveness of azilsartan medoxomil (AZL-M) and the fixed-dose combination of AZL-M with chlorthalidone (AZL-M/CLD) versus the ARB olmesartan (OLM) and the OLM fixed-dose combination with hydrochlorothiazide (OLM/HCTZ) in blacks versus white patients with systemic hypertension, published in the American Journal of Cardiology.
- 21 Jun 2010 Results presented at the 20th European Meeting on Hypertension.
- 03 May 2010 Primary endpoint 'Ambulatory blood pressure' has been met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History