A Phase II, multi-centre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group study to investigate the efficacy, safety and tolerability of Cogane (PYM50028), a novel, orally active neurotrophic factor inducer, in male and female subjects with early-stage Parkinson's disease when administered once daily for 28 weeks.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 13 Jan 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Sarsasapogenin (Primary)
- Indications Parkinson's disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CONFIDENT-PD
- Sponsors Phytopharm
- 17 Jul 2013 According to a Phytopharm media release, sarsasapogenin did not demonstrate clinical efficacy in this trial. Full results will be published in due course.
- 01 Dec 2012 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 18 Apr 2012 Phytopharm is on track to complete this study during December 2012. Results are expected in February 2013.