A multicenter, randomized, open label, active-comparator controlled study to assess the efficacy, safety and tolerability of taspoglutide (RO5073031) compared to exenatide in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled with metformin, thiazolidinedione or a combination of both.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Taspoglutide (Primary) ; Exenatide; Metformin; Pioglitazone; Rosiglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms T-EMERGE-2
- Sponsors Roche
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 30 Jun 2012 Eli Lilly added as associations as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 14 Oct 2011 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History