Effects on Incidence of Cardiovascular Events of the Addition of Pioglitazone as Compared With a Sulphonylurea in Type 2 Diabetic Patients Inadequately Controlled With Metformin.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 07 Dec 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Pioglitazone (Primary) ; Glibenclamide; Gliclazide; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms TOSCA-IT
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Dec 2012 Recruitment is expected to be complete by June 2013, according to an article published in Diabetes Care. At the time of publication, 2,400 patients had been randomized.
- 01 Dec 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 5172 to 3371 according to an article published in Diabetes Care and the ClinicalTrials.gov registry record.