A Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Prospective, Randomized Multiple-Site Study of Oral Finafloxacin 300 mg b.i.d. Versus Oral Ciprofloxacin 250 mg b.i.d. in Patients With Lower Uncomplicated UTI (uUTI) With a Treatment Duration of 3 Days.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 16 Jan 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Ciprofloxacin; Finafloxacin
- Indications Bacterial infections; Urinary tract infections
- Focus Proof of concept; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FLUT
- 16 Jan 2018 Results of pooled data from two trials (NCT01928433 and NCT00722735) assessing the clinical efficacy and antibacterial activity of finafloxacin compared with ciprofloxacin in the treatment of uUTI and cUTI/PN, were published in the Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- 21 Sep 2015 Pooled analysis results from this trial and an another trial presented at the Joint 55th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy and 28th International Congress of Chemotherapy
- 30 Apr 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 36 to 48 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.