A 78 Week Open Label Extension to Trials Assessing the Safety and Efficacy of BI 1356 (5 mg) as Monotherapy or in Combination With Other Antidiabetic Medications in Type 2 Diabetic Patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Metformin; Pioglitazone; Sulfonylureas
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational
- Acronyms OLE
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 31 May 2016 According to Boehringer Ingelheim media release, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Jentadueto XR (linagliptin and metformin hydrochloride extended-release) tablets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes (T2D) in adults.
- 12 Jun 2012 Results published in International Journal of Clinical Practice.
- 08 Dec 2011 Results were presented at the 21st Congress of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF).