A Prospective, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Comparative Study to Estimate the Safety, Tolerability and Efficacy of NXL104/Ceftazidime Plus Metronidazole vs. Meropenem in the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections in Hospitalized Adults.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 11 Jul 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Avibactam/ceftazidime (Primary) ; Meropenem; Metronidazole
- Indications Bacterial infections; Intra-abdominal infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novexel; Pfizer
- 05 Jun 2017 Primary endpoint of clinical response at the TOC visit in microbiologically evaluable has not been met, according to results presented at the ASM Microbe 2017.
- 05 Jun 2017 Results presented at the ASM Microbe 2017
- 12 Apr 2016 Results (pooled analysis of this and other five studies, n = 2404) assessing efficacy of ceftazidime-avibactam against ceftazidime-resistant Gram-negative pathogens presented at the 26th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History