A Randomized, Eight Week Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of the Combination of Aliskiren / Amlodipine (150/10 mg and 300/10 mg) in Comparison With Amlodipine 10 mg in Patients With Essential Hypertension Not Adequately Responsive to Amlodipine 10 mg Monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren/amlodipine; Amlodipine
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Adverse reactions; Biomarker; Registrational
- 27 Aug 2010 FDA approval of Tekamlo was based on clinical trial data involving more than 5000 patients, including data from this study, according to a Novartis media release.
- 21 Oct 2009 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 21 Oct 2009 Actual patient number (849) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.