An 8-Week Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multi-Center, Active-Controlled Dose Escalation Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Aliskiren HCTZ (300/25 mg) Compared to Amlodipine (10 mg) in Patients With Stage 2 Systolic Hypertension and Diabetes Mellitus.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Dec 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Amlodipine
- Indications Essential hypertension; Hypertension
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASTRIDE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Dec 2011 Results published in the Journal of Clinical Hypertension (Greenwich).
- 24 Sep 2010 Results presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History