A 104 Week, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of Aliskiren on the Progression of Atherosclerosis in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease When Added to Optimal Background Therapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 May 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary)
- Indications Atherosclerosis; Coronary artery disease; Hypertension
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms AQUARIUS
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 03 Sep 2013 Primary endpoint 'Plaque-volume' has not been met.
- 03 Sep 2013 Results published in JAMA: the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- 03 Sep 2013 Status changed from recruiting to completed.