A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group, Active-controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Both Aliskiren Monotherapy and Aliskiren/Enalapril Combination Therapy Compared to Enalapril Monotherapy, on Morbidity and Mortality in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure (NYHA Class II - IV). The Study is Also Known as Aliskiren Trial of Minimizing OutcomeS in Patients With HEart Failure (ATMOSPHERE).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Enalapril
- Indications Chronic heart failure
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASPIRE-HIGHER; ATMOSPHERE
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 14 Nov 2017 Results of pooled data from two trial (PARADIGM-HF and ATMOSPHERE), were published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- 01 Oct 2017 Results (n=14,737) from NCT00853658 and NCT01035255 studies published in the Circulation: Heart Failure.
- 25 Sep 2017 Results of subgroup analysis published in the European Journal of Heart Failure
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History