A 24-Week, Multi-Centre, International, Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Study With a 78-Week Extension Period to Evaluate the Effect of Dapagliflozin in Combination With Metformin on Body Weight in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Who Have Inadequate Glycaemic Control on Metformin Alone.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Jan 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Dapagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Obesity; Overweight; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 23 Jan 2018 Results (n=220) of pooled analysis of 11 phase 3 trial assessing effects of the sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes and stages 3b-4 chronic kidney disease, were published in the Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation.
- 01 Nov 2016 Results of a pooled post-hoc analysis of five phase IIb and 16 phase III studies (including this study) assessing frequency and characteristics of hypersensitivity adverse events, published in the Clinical Drug Investigation.
- 16 Sep 2016 Results of a pooled analysis from this and 13 other trials, presented at the 52nd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History