A Twelve-week, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group Study to Evaluate the Prolonged Efficacy and Safety of Aliskiren 300 mg Compared to Telmisartan 80 mg in Mild to Moderate Hypertensive Patients With the 24-hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Measurement After 1 Week of Treatment Withdrawal Study Acronym: ASSERTIVE - AliSkiren Study of Profound antihypERtensive Efficacy in hyperTensIVE Patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 18 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Telmisartan (Primary)
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASSERTIVE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 21 Apr 2012 Results presented at the 18th World Congress of Cardiology.
- 20 Jun 2011 Results presented at the 21st European Meeting on Hypertension.
- 20 Jun 2011 Substudy results presented at the 21st European Meeting on Hypertension.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History