A 24 Week, Prospective, Randomized, Parallel-group, Double-blind, Multi-center Study (ENA713DUS44) Comparing the Effects of Rivastigmine Patch 15 cm^2 vs. Rivastigmine Patch 5 cm^2 on ACTivities of Daily Living and CognitION in Patients With Severe Dementia of the Alzheimer's Type (ACTION) and a 24-week Open-label Extension to Study ENA713DUS44
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Rivastigmine (Primary)
- Indications Alzheimer's disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ACTION
- Sponsors Novartis
- 18 Jul 2013 Results for 24 week extension phase presented at the 2013 Alzheimer's Association International Conference .
- 27 Jun 2013 High-dose rivastigmine patch (13.3mg/24h) [Exelon] was approved by the US FDA for the treatment of all stages of Alzheimer's disease, based on the results of this pivotal trial, according to a Novartis media release.
- 23 Mar 2013 Primary endpoint 'Severe-Impairment-Battery' has been met for high-dose patch.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History