VELVET (Veltuzumab various doses exploratory trial), a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, multicentre, multinational phase II dose range finding trial in subjects with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis insufficiently controlled with either methotrexate alone or methotrexate plus anti-tumour necrosis factor biological treatment, comparing 3 different subcutaneous dosages of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody veltuzumab to placebo as an add-on therapy to methotrexate.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Veltuzumab (Primary) ; Methotrexate; Methotrexate
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Adverse reactions; Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VELVET
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 30 Oct 2012 This trial has been discontinued in Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary and suspended in United kingdom as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 01 Oct 2012 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.