A Phase III, Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Parallel Group Safety and Efficacy Study of Linagliptin (5 mg Administered Orally Once Daily) Over 12 Weeks Followed by a 40 Week Double-blind Extension Period (Placebo Patients Switched to Glimepiride) in Drug Naive or Previously Treated Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Moderate to Severe Renal Impairment and Insufficient Glycaemic Control.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 17 Aug 2017 Results (n=2065) of pooled analysis of this and other similar 15 studies assessing efficacy and safety based upon age, obesity, and renal function, published in the Advances in Therapy.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 26 Sep 2013 Results presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History