A randomised trial to compare the toxicity and pharmacokinetics of three fixed-dose combination based antiretroviral regimens for treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected children in Africa.
Phase of Trial: Phase II/III
Latest Information Update: 16 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Efavirenz (Primary) ; Abacavir/lamivudine/nevirapine; Lamivudine/abacavir; Lamivudine/stavudine; Lamivudine/stavudine/nevirapine; Lamivudine/zidovudine; Lamivudine/zidovudine/nevirapine
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Pharmacokinetics
- Acronyms CHAPAS-3
- 16 Feb 2017 Results (n=249) investigating microbial translocation as a driver to Immune activation in Ugandan Children, presented at the 24th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections
- 05 Oct 2016 Results of CHAPAS-1 and CHAPAS-3 trials published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2016).
- 12 Apr 2016 Results from the PK sub-study(n=128) published in the Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes (JAIDS).