An Open-label, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of a 4 Week Therapy With the Single Pill (SPC) Combination of Aliskiren 300 mg / Amlodipine 10 mg in Hypertensive Patients Not Adequately Respond to an Uptitrated 4 Week Therapy With the SPC of Olmesartan 40 mg / Amlodipine 10 mg, With a Potential Extension if Patients Still Not Adequately Respond With a 4 Week Therapy With the SPC Aliskiren 300 mg / Amlodipine 10 mg / HCTZ 12,5 mg.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren/amlodipine (Primary) ; Aliskiren/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms AWESOME
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Mar 2011 Actual end date (Oct 2010) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 07 Mar 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 20 May 2010 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.