A multicentre randomised placebo controlled clinical trial of metformin versus placebo in pregnant women to reduce the risk of obesity and metabolic syndrome in their babies.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Metformin (Primary)
- Indications Metabolic syndrome; Obesity
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMPOWaR
- 13 Aug 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by United Kingdom Clinical Research Network record.
- 05 Nov 2014 Planned End Date changed from 31 Jan 2014 to 30 Apr 2015, according to ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.
- 07 Feb 2014 Accrual to date is 112% according to United Kingdom Clinical Research Network record.