Exenatide Study of Cardiovascular Event Lowering Trial (EXSCEL) - A Randomised, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial To Evaluate Cardiovascular Outcomes After Treatment With Exenatide Once Weekly In Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Exenatide (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EXSCEL
- Sponsors Amylin Pharmaceuticals; AstraZeneca; Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 01 Feb 2018 Results evaluating risk of cardiovascular events from ELIXA, LEADER, SUSTAIN-6 and EXSCEL studies, published in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy.
- 19 Dec 2017 Results assessing efficacy outcomes, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- 08 Nov 2017 According to an AstraZeneca media release, data from the study will be presented at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions 2017.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History