Efficacy and Safety of Eslicarbazepine Acetate (BIA 2-093) as Monotherapy for Patients With Newly Diagnosed Partial-onset Seizures:a Double-blind, Randomized, Active-controlled, Parallel-group, Multicenter Clinical Study.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 27 Jun 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Eslicarbazepine acetate (Primary) ; Carbamazepine
- Indications Partial epilepsies
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors BIAL - Portela C S.A.
- 27 Jun 2018 According to a Sunovion Pharmaceuticals media release, based on results from this trial, the Health Canada (July 2018) has approved eslicarbazepine acetate (Zebinix) for use as a once daily monotherapy to treat adults with newly-diagnosed partial-onset epilepsy.
- 25 Jan 2018 Results assessing safety and efficacy published in the Epilepsia
- 22 May 2017 According to an Eisai Co. Ltd. media release, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved Zebinix (eslicarbazepine acetate) for use as a once-daily monotherapy to treat adults with newly-diagnosed partial-onset epilepsy based on results from this trial.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History