A Prospective, Double-blinded, Randomised Study to Evaluate the Effects of Different Doses of Statin Treatment on Plaque Volume and Composition in Coronary Disease Determined by Virtual Histology Using Intravascular Ultrasound
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Atorvastatin (Primary)
- Indications Angina pectoris; Atherosclerosis; Coronary artery disease
- Focus Pharmacodynamics
- Acronyms VENUS
- 07 Nov 2012 Results reporting effects of atorvastatin on endothelial progenitor cells, cardiac events, C-reactive protein levels and intima-media thickness presented at the 85th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association.
- 02 Aug 2012 Results published in the Circulation Journal.
- 02 Aug 2012 Primary endpoint 'Ultrasound-imaging-outcomes' has been met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History