A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Parallel Group Efficacy and Safety Study of BI 10773 (10 and 25 mg Administered Orally Once Daily) Over 24 Weeks in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control Despite Background Therapy With Pioglitazone Alone or in Combination With Metformin.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary) ; Metformin; Pioglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMPA-REG-PIO
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim; Eli Lilly
- 15 Sep 2017 Results of pooled analysis assessing safety of this and other phase I-III studies , presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 15 Sep 2017 Results of pooled safety analysis in >12,000 patients who were randomized to Empagliflozin (10 mg, 25 mg) or placebo in 15 Phase I-III trials plus 4 extension studies, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History