A Multi-Center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Rifaximin 550 mg BID For 6 Months In Preventing Hepatic Encephalopathy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Nov 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Rifaximin (Primary)
- Indications Hepatic encephalopathy
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Salix Pharmaceuticals
- 01 Sep 2015 According to a Norgine media release, the National Health Authority in Switzerland has approved the reimbursement of XIFAXAN 550 (rifaximin-a 550mg) as an add-on therapy to non-absorbable disaccharides as it can reduce the recurrence of episodes of overt hepatic encephalopathy in patients aged 18 years or older with hepatic cirrhosis.
- 10 May 2011 Results presented at Digestive Disease Week 2011.
- 05 Nov 2010 New trial record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History