A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel-group Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Tiotropium Inhalation Solution Delivered Via Respimat Inhaler (2.5 Mcg and 5 Mcg Once Daily) Over 12 Weeks as add-on Controller Therapy on Top of Usual Care in Adolescents (12 to 17 Years Old) With Severe Persistent Asthma.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Tiotropium bromide (Primary)
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PensieTinA-asthma
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 23 May 2018 Results of an analysis comparing the changes in FEF25-75% and FEV1 following tiotropium add-on therapy with placebo in pediatric patients with symptomatic asthma using data from four phase III trials (VivaTinA-asthma, PensieTinA-asthma, CanoTinA-asthma and RubaTinA-asthma), presented at the 114th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.
- 18 Jul 2017 This trial was also planned in Italy and Norway, as reported in European Clinical Trials Database.
- 24 May 2017 Results of clinical outcome data from five phase III studies (GraziaTinA-asthma, MezzoTinA-asthma-1, MezzoTinA-asthma-2, RubaTinA-asthma and PensieTinA-asthma) presented at the 113th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History