A prospective, multicenter, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 2-parallel groups, Phase 3 study to compare the efficacy and the safety of masitinib at 6 mg/kg/day versus placebo in the treatment of patients with Severe Persistent Asthma treated with oral corticosteroids
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 31 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Masitinib (Primary)
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AB Science
- 31 Aug 2017 According to an AB Science media release, the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) has indicated that the study can continue on the basis of safety data and did not request implementation of the protocol resampling option. The company had communicated its decision to continue the study until completion even in the event of successful interim analysis tot he IDMC prior to the analysis.
- 31 Aug 2017 According to an AB Science media release, final results from this trial are expected at the end of 2017.
- 31 Aug 2017 According to an AB Science media release, status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting.