A prospective, multicenter, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 2-parallel groups, Phase 3 study to compare the efficacy and the safety of masitinib at 6 mg/kg/day versus placebo in the treatment of patients with Severe Persistent Asthma treated with oral corticosteroids
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 30 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Masitinib (Primary)
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AB Science
- 30 May 2018 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 30 Apr 2018 According to an AB Science media release, final results will be available by June/July 2018.
- 31 Aug 2017 According to an AB Science media release, the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) has indicated that the study can continue on the basis of safety data and did not request implementation of the protocol resampling option. The company had communicated its decision to continue the study until completion even in the event of successful interim analysis tot he IDMC prior to the analysis.