A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Event-driven Trial of Quarterly Subcutaneous Canakinumab in the Prevention of Recurrent Cardiovascular Events Among Stable Post-myocardial Infarction Patients With Elevated hsCRP
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Jul 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Canakinumab (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CANTOS; CANTOS sub-study 1; CANTOS sub-study 2
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 16 Jun 2018 Results of a secondary analysis assessing the relationships between serum urate,canakinumab, and incidence rates for gout and cardiovascular events, presented at the 19th Annual Congress of the European League Against Rheumatism.
- 19 Mar 2018 Planned End Date changed from 2 Dec 2019 to 2 Mar 2020.
- 03 Mar 2018 Results assessing the role of Canakinumab for the prevention and management of diabetes, published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History