A 52-week, Randomised, Multi-centre, Parallel Group Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of BI 10773 (10 mg or 25 mg Administered Orally Once Daily) as add-on Therapy to an Oral Antidiabetic Drug (Sulfonylurea, Biguanide, Thiazolidinedione, Alpha Glucosidase Inhibitor, DPP-IV Inhibitor, or Glinide) in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus With Insufficient Glycaemic Control.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary) ; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Apr 2013 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 25 Jul 2012 Planned end date changed from 1 Mar 2013 to 1 Apr 2013 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.