A Randomised, Parallel-group, Open-label, Multicentre, 3-month Phase IV, Efficacy and Tolerability Study of Budesonide/Formoterol (Symbicort Turbuhaler 160/4.5 microg/Inhalation, 2 Inhalations Twice Daily) Added to Tiotropium (SpirivaTM 18 microg/Inhalation, 1 Inhalation Once Daily) Compared With Tiotropium (SpirivaTM18 microg/Inhalation, 1 Inhalation Once Daily) Alone in Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Patients
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Budesonide/formoterol (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SECURE 1
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 23 Sep 2015 Results published in the Respirology.
- 01 Jun 2013 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 15 Mar 2013 Planned number of patients changed from 560 to 570 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History