Does 1-alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (calcitriol) enhance corticosteroid activity in steroid refractory asthma? A randomised control trial to test whether active vitamin D can improve the clinical response to steroids in asthmatic patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 09 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Calcitriol (Primary) ; Prednisolone
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Apr 2014 Primary endpoint 'Forced-expiratory-volume-in-1-second' has not been met.
- 28 Apr 2014 Results published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.